The Aukahi is the first V-1 designed specifically for Hawai'i's ocean conditions. The goal was a rudderless canoe that was maneuverable in the surf with adequate tracking ability in the flat. Because a V-1 is controlled by the interaction between the hull shape, the ocean, and the paddle, it is incredibly difficult to get the right balance of maneuverability and tracking ability. Sometimes you want it to go straight as an arrow, and sometimes you want it to be able to spin on a dime. And the perfect V-1 would theoretically be able to do both. While we won't claim that our’s is perfect, we did get pretty close to our goal. But, again, don't take our word for it. Call us to schedule a demo or a free V-1 lesson.
- Standard: $4300, 22 lbs
- The deck is a 3.9oz carbon on the outside, a 1/8" foam core, and a 4.8oz carbon on the inside. The hull is two layers of 4.0oz S glass, a 1/8" foam core, and a 4.8oz carbon on the inside. It is our heaviest lay-up, so it is recommended for customers where weight is not a concern.
- Ultralight: $4500, 21 lbs
- The deck is a 3.9oz carbon on the outside, a 1/8" foam core, and a 3.9oz carbon on the inside. The hull is two layers of 4.0oz S glass, a 1/8" foam core, and a 3.9 oz carbon on the inside. It's lighter than the standard, but offers the same impact resistance and basically the same overall strength. Recommended for customers where weight is a concern, but so is durability.
- Double Carbon: $4600, 19.5 lbs
- The hull and deck have a 3.9oz carbon on the outside, a 1/8" foam core, and a 3.9oz carbon on the inside. With only one layer of carbon on the outside of the hull, the canoe will dent and possibly fracture easier with impact. It is our lightest lay-up, but also the most fragile. So it is recommended for customers who consider weight a major factor.
Additional costs apply for shipping and tax.
Weights are approximate and vary. Footbrace adds additional weight.
How to Buy
The Aukahi is built custom for you. Typical wait time is 3 months from time of order. Please call (808) 228-8609 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to order.